Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Former Ugly American ~ The Digital Diary of EMS 620

This semester at Pratt, I am required to take the class Sustainable Communities (EMS 620). In this class we are required to keep a digital diary of our thoughts, readings, etc. That is what this blog will serve as. I will still cover other topics about my goals with regards to food as they pertain to grad school, etc. elsewhere, however, this will be a running project for this semester. It might contain links, photos, things you never knew about, things I never knew about, and just a little bit of ranting. Regardless of the contents, hopefully this will show over the course of a semester my move from being an stiletto-wearing, Saab-driving, McMansion-living, cider-swilling, carbon footprint-the size-of the-moon, stock market-worshiping, gun-toting ugly American to someone with a little more enlightenment and meaning in life. And yeah, I will likely put in random photos all over the place, so if what I have to say is of no interest, there's those.

And now a photo of a lovely flower at East New York Farms and a reminder never to buy cut flowers because they are environmentally unethical. Send a succulent instead!


Please to enjoy...

No comments: