Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dubai, You're on Notice!

My husband, whom I am none too happy with at the moment, screwed up some paperwork on his work visa (he's British) and is now being shipped off to Dubai by his company, where he is an acoustic consultant. While I can certainly rant at him for being a complacent dunce (the British way...grrr!) in this fiasco, I am equally annoyed at the economy in general, the boom and bust nature of the recent construction market in New York City, but I am more just glad that somewhere on the planet there is still a market so rich that they are tossing around cash like peanuts and he can go work there. Trust that being in grad school and people wanting all the nutrition information and diet plans for free is not exactly paying the bills, so someone's got to get that done. So from here on out, I am going to do a little detective work on good old Dubai, see what makes them tick.

Dubai, you're on notice!

No comments: