Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Voted!

Due to Rock the Vote snaffu-ing my absentee ballot....I went home to Las Vegas to vote. I am pretty disgusted with both the Democrats (too far left) and the Republicans (way too far right) and think either choice will make a dog's breakfast of the already broken country, however, our very limited two party system leaves me very little hope. The fact that the election is decided by the Electoral College rather than the popular vote allows me to vote a third party knowing that I sadly won't have a vote that changes anything in the larger picture, so I can at least say I voted for the person I wanted.

But at least I can say Las Vegas has the right idea when it comes to voting! I had meant to go to Whole Foods and vote while buying groceries but happened along a voting center set up in the food court at one of the outlet malls while looking for a camera bag. Stimulate the economy AND vote? Genius! I think if other states would make preparations for early voting they would disenfranchise less people.... Hint. Hint.

No comments: