Saturday, November 29, 2008

From My Lips to God's Ears aka To Register or Not to Register?

It is really starting to get messy down here, and I don't actually believe in God, however.... When people are being trampled in WalMart stampedes, my stocks are not as useful as toilet paper, international airports are being blocked off by rebels, and god knows how many people don't have a damn thing to eat or drink.... This makes for a really hot mess and something's got to give.

I feel like literally all I am doing in my classes is sitting around discussing more sitting around. No one ever seems to answer any of my questions concerning actually acting, which is frustrating. People are pinning all their hopes on this president elect who I really think will come up short on his many promises (they all do, but his rhetoric is lost on me), rather than say doing something themselves.

I am really rethinking spending another semester of time and money on "discussing" but not gaining the technical skills I thought I would be getting from what is billed as a science program. My version of science must be very different, and trust that I already know global warming exists and that there is a crisis going on, hence why I am back in school. One of my classmates keeps lamenting that he is "buying a degree" and taking "science light," but frankly, this is pretty expensive to only get that additive to my resume. I hope he's wrong.

A little positive guidance might be nice....

No comments: