Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Finale of the Election 2008

This election is causing myself and countless others a whole batch of anxiety and I am ready for it to be over.

A group of my best friends have a gmail circle and our votes have been tallied:
McCain ~ 2, (1 absentee from abroad)
Obama ~ 3 (all in SF)
McKinney ~ 1
Foreigner Who Pays Taxes But Gets No Vote And Is Not Just A Little Pissed Off About It ~ 1

We all voted today or earlier, with the exception of our token foreigner. Hopefully he can get a free cup of coffee anyway. He does pay an assload of taxes...it should be worth some caffeine. However, we can all agree that this constant bombardment of election commercials, propaganda, facebook statuses (Don't event get me started), SNL, etc. is a little much. Anyone who enjoys this sort of thing as part of the process clearly has a secret stash of Xanax.

Barack Obama is currently forecasted to win. And while I will be happy to see many of my friends happy about this, I doubt I will ever support him as a president due to his fiscal policies and his tax platforms. Granted, I would never have accepted Palin as a V.P. with her religious platforms and lack of choice for women. Such is the plight of the moderate voter. But I did vote, which gives me the option of criticizing whomever wins for the next four years.

In summary, Hillary 2012!

No comments: