Thursday, November 20, 2008

LMS Post Response to The MTA and Sustainability in Times of Crisis

In response to this hot mess of MTA fare increases and service cuts...from the NY Times...

I agree, this is a nightmare in the making.


Please go sign this:
MTA Petition

I know petitions are not tremendously activating, however, you should do it anyway and pass it on. Perhaps the pretty colors will help some people to find it compelling. Personally, I don't support any taxes of stocks (perhaps property...) and think that the federal government should be at least tapped in several different ways via loans, relief, etc. I need to go read some more about this before I go off about it, but I think this is a vital part of the city infrastructure that simply cannot be avoided or junked.

No comments: