Sunday, November 30, 2008

LMS Post Reponse to Reuters: Japanese Water Powered Car

This was my response to this video:



The conversation then moved towards electric cars, etc.

When I lived in the SF Bay Area, a few of the East Bay BART stations were outfitted with electric plug sources for hybrid cars. Since I did not have said car, I overlooked them, however, there was always grumbling that there were not enough spaces for this process. I think that means the demand is certainly there, at least in CA, which tends to be on the front foot with this sort of thing.

It also touched on a point of my transition presentation about upgrading existing cars. The concept that all of the cars on the roads now should be chucked for new models is absurd and unrealistic. Fitting cars out piece by piece (especially engine components to increase efficiency) is a far more reasonable quest for the majority of people who cannot get new cars, especially in this economy. Not to mention that there need so to be a sharp 180 away from this culture which has become so disposable.

Recently I was reading about a piece being added to the exhaust pipe to trap CO2...the location of which of course now eludes me. I will have to find it and post it...

Either way, that water car is wicked cool. Hopefully, people will be bright enough not to use drinking/potable water to run it. The water in the ocean is rising, so let's grab some of that to use.

No comments: